Special events throughout the year create space to hang out, and help us make our community a better place.
These are some snapshots of special events in the past year. From top to bottom, left to right:
- Service project to build heavy-duty shelving at the Anacortes 100 Food Bank
- Fall Extravaganza Halloween party (with costume contest, cookie decorating, pumpkin carving, mini golf, and shuffleboard) to benefit the food bank and hurricane victims
- Snow trip with our young adults and kids
- Spring Tea: a fancy tea party to benefit the Anacortes Family Shelter
- Youth group: we partner with the Skagit Valley Co-Op for youth group on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday evenings of each month at different Methodist churches in the area.
- Youth mission trip: our youth group traveled to Washington DC in the summer of 2017 and joined forces with the youth at Dumbarton United Methodist Church for a week of service and learning.
- Campfire Church, which happens every other week in Washington Park throughout the summer. We serve a free meal for the community and sing campfire songs on the beach!
- Our worship band gets ready to serenade the crowd in downtown Anacortes from our church's float in the 4th of July parade
- Folks bundled up for a sunny beach walk in February with our "Hiking for the Soul" group
- Not pictured: Craft Saturday, when many of our artistic members get together to chat and work on craft projects